Position: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Role and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate would be part of the Executive Leadership team and offers tremendous visibility and growth under the general direction of the CEO. The CFO oversees the company's finance, banking relationship and administrative functions. This includes budgeting, tax planning, accounting, audit, development of controls, as well as administrative support services and staff functions.
The ideal candidate would be a technology-centric CPA that is willing to get involved in a hands-on management position creating a key driver of company-wide growth over the next few years. This person will play an integral role in defining systems, processes and controls that will streamline and build the business across multiple functional areas. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who will be a key contributing team member.
Reporting to the CEO, the CFO will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Finance and Accounting Department, provide financial management assistance to the CEO, prepare monthly financial statements and reports, and manage preparation of all related account analysis.
The CFO will also continually assess and evaluate accounting processes and internal controls, identify and implement improvement strategies, and develop new accounting technology systems.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management that mirrors the mission and core values of the organization.
- As part of Leadership Team, drive the overall Financial Functions of Platinum Federal Credit Union to achieve and surpass the mission’s goals and objectives.
- Establish annual strategy, budget and goals for Finance as part of the enterprise-wide annual planning process.
- Motivate and lead a high performing Finance team.
- Provide staff support for the Audit and Finance Committee of the Board, and present to the Board, as necessary.
- Monitor and assure compliance as it relates to governance and overall policies.
Accounting and Reporting Services:
- Create, oversee and maintain excellent internal accounting controls and quality control processes within the entire organization safeguarding the organization’s assets; write relevant policies and procedures.
- Maintain and continue to develop an accounting system which generates reports for multiple purposes.
- Prepare timely and accurate reporting for both internal and external purposes, including Board metrics and financial statements.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of all financial processes.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, and maintain accountability standards for financial management.
- Prepare certain detailed budget analyses, assist with closing the gap between revenues and expenses, and prepare summary schedules for presentations.
- Expert financial and accounting experience, ideally with 2-3 years auditing experience in a medium or large public accounting firm, and with 5+ years as a financial manager. Strong preference for experience in the non-profit and banking arena.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; master’s degree/CPA preferred.
- Excellent technical accounting skills.
- Experience coordinating with service providers (401k, investment advisors, HR, business insurance).
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting, including working with detailed models, collaboration with revenue and funds raised budget and expense budgets, assisting with “closing the gap”, and consolidating and summarizing for presentations.
- Demonstrated success developing and monitoring systems to manage a financial function that involves high levels of collaboration.
- Extremely high attention to detail, very organized, ability to learn quickly.
- Compensation Annual salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Platinum Federal Credit Union offers an attractive benefits package, including 401k, health, life, dental, vision, and paid leave.
- A slate of successful candidates will be invited for interviews. Due to the large number of resumes generated, only successful candidates will be contacted. Phone calls are discouraged. Email Resume to Jobs@PlatinumFCU.org
- Platinum Federal Credit Union is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.