Click here to download a printable form.
The Academic Scholarship Program is developed and administered by Platinum Federal Credit Union located at 2035 Sugarloaf Circle, Duluth, GA 30097. An applicant must be a PFCU member in good standing. The program is applicable only to members attending an accredited educational institution of learning.
A complete application consists of an application form accompanied by all required, certifiable, supporting documents including an essay. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All applications must be received by or postmarked on March 21, 2018 and become PFCU’s property. PFCU will employ a fair and consistent selection process, with internal oversight, in awarding the scholarships based on the stated criteria. PFCU reserves the right to make the selection of scholarship awards and the decision will be considered final and not contested. PFCU makes no distinction or judgment in awarding scholarships based on age, gender, race, religion, national origin or disabilities.
If you are awarded a scholarship from PFCU, your signature verifies that the information you have provided on the application is correct to the best of your knowledge and authorizes PFCU to utilize all or a portion of the information contained therein for purposes of press releases and/or in articles for publication in PFCU’s newsletter, web site, newspapers, trade magazines, etc., announcing the scholarship program, award recipients’ names, enrolled schools, programs being pursued and other reported information. The award recipient will be selected and notified by April 10, 2018. Notification will be by phone and also announced in our Branch Office locations, on the website, social media and newsletter. If a recipient cannot be contacted or has not claimed their award within 5 days of notification, another recipient will be selected and notified. All recipients will be requested to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a release which will be provided by PFCU. All recipients are required to attend the Award ceremony. Acceptance of this award constitutes authorization to use the recipient’s photograph, other likeness and name without compensation. No substitution will be made for the awards. Awards are nontransferable. Recipients are responsible for any tax liability.
PFCU reserves the right to discontinue the program, change the program policy and procedures and disqualify an applicant for non-compliance of rules at any time and without prior notice.
The Academic Scholarship Program is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited. All terms and conditions of PFCU products apply. Contact PFCU for more information.
Platinum Federal Credit Union (PFCU) is pleased to offer the Academic Scholarship Program to:
- Recognize and reward the educational achievements and aspirations of its members
- Promote the pursuit of further education and lifelong learning by its members
- Lend a hand in the educational expense burden of its members
PFCU will award several merit based scholarships of up to $2,500 each totaling $60,000 to qualifying member for attending an academic program in an accredited educational institution of learning in USA.
The award will be disbursed directly to the student for tuition, books, housing and related academic expenses.
- The applicant must be a member of PFCU in good standing.
- The applicant must be pursuing a certificate/diploma course or an associate, graduate or postgraduate degree program in an accredited public or private college, university or vocational/technical institution, on a part- or full-time basis.
- The applicant must have a minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0) or equivalent score from the last school attended
- The applicant must be accepted to enroll in an accredited college, university or vocational/technical institution
- In addition to a strong academic standing, the applicant must excel, demonstrate or show participation in some/all of these areas:
– Community Service
– Extracurricular Activities
– Work Experience
- PFCU Board of Directors, PFCU Scholarship Committee Members and their family members of the same household are not eligible